- Membership Information
- We have several forms of membership available, including active, social, young adult and non-resident. Click to learn more.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Join us for the Ladies Cup Regatta!
Rhode Island Yacht Club is bringing back the Ladies Cup Regatta! This long-standing regatta began in 1898 to celebrate the competitive spirit of women sailors on Narragansett Bay.
Date: Saturday, June 17, 2017
Location: Rhode Island Yacht Club
• Boats shall be Helmed and/or Skippered by a female
• All crews including Skipper shall be not less than 50% female
• Professional skippers are not allowed to skipper boats
08:30 Check-In Opens and Pre-Race breakfast
09:00 One Design Skippers Meeting
09:30 One Design Initial Warning Signal
09:30 – 12:30 One Design Racing
11:30- 13:30 Competitors and Spectators Cookout
13:00 PHRF Skippers Meeting
13:45 Warning signal for first class start
18:00 Awards ceremony and after party
• PHRF $35 per boat
• International Optimist Dinghies $10 per sailor
• Collegiate 420/Z420 $20 per team
Tickets for the Pre-Race breakfast, cookout and post racing party can be purchased during the day of the event at Rhode Island Yacht Club
• Trophies will be presented to the top 3 boats in each class
• Boats are not supplied by RIYC and must be brought to the race.
Free moorings for competitors and spectators will be made available first come first served at Rhode Island Yacht Club. Note: There should be adequate berthing for all participants and spectators however feel free to contact RIYC to confirm likely availability. Plan to bring your own dinghy as there will be limited transportation to/from the mooring field.
Notice of Race
Sailing Instructions Rhodes
Sailing Instructions PHRF
Anyone needing crew, interested in crewing or if there are any questions, please contact LadiesCup@riyc.org.
Chair, Ladies Cup Regatta